Suffolk County Landscaping & Lawn Maintenance
B & B Maintenance Services, Inc.

A Suffolk County Landscaping & Lawn Care Maintenance Company. Office: (631) 567-0631 Cell: (631) 335-4056


Below is a list of helpful tips to improve your landscape setting, along with new legislation and news reguarding the 'Green Industry'.

view:  full / summary

Grass selection criteria

Posted by B & B Maintenance on May 21, 2009 at 10:23 PM

Select your grass based on (1) how much maintenance time (and money)you will have to devote to the lawn, (2) what the lawn will be used forand (3) the climate and growing conditions prevalent in your area.Proper selection of species and variety based on these three factorswill always deliver expected results.

Irrigate Properly

Posted by B & B Maintenance on May 21, 2009 at 10:21 PM

When you water your lawn, water it only in the morning. The best timeto water is between 6:00 and 9:00 am. Winds are usually low,temperatures are usually cool and the sun has not risen high enough tospeed evaporation. Thus, the water percolates into the soil rather thanevaporating (afternoon watering) or lying on the grass´ surface(evening watering). Evening watering on a regular basis is asking fortrouble. Fungi thrive on cool temps and moisture.


Posted by B & B Maintenance on May 9, 2009 at 11:35 PM


A notice from the Nassau Suffolk Landscape Gardeners Association


Looking for a brand new landscape, a few dramatic additions, top-notch maintenance for your grounds? Start by selecting a Professional Landscape Contractor. Landscape adds value to your home, busin...

Read Full Post »

Posted by B & B Maintenance on April 21, 2009 at 10:35 PM

B & B Maintenance Services, Inc.

Suffolk County, Long Island, New York
Landscaping Contractor & Designer
Suffolk County, Long Island's Landscaping Specialist

We are a professional landscaping maintenance company located in Suffolk County, Long Island, New York
B & B Maintenance Services, Inc. has been providing professional landscaping services for Long Island homeowners and business owners for over 5 years.

Read Full Post »


Posted by B & B Maintenance on April 20, 2009 at 4:35 PM

Spring is an ideal time for planting in almost all areas of the country, as warming temperatures and regular rainfall makes conditions ideal for plant establishment. Make sure you wait until the threat of frost is over before planting. Spring is a good time to make sure your irrigation or sprinkler system is in good working condition, and that your lawn tools and equipment are ready for the upcoming busy season. And remember, any season is the ...

Read Full Post »

Yardcare Tips for the Northeastern Region

Posted by B & B Maintenance on April 17, 2009 at 11:20 PM

If you want to have a terrific lawn:

  1. Fix the soil and maintain it every year without fail
Read Full Post »

Mowing - effects of mowing

Posted by B & B Maintenance on April 14, 2009 at 5:47 PM

The shorter you mow, the less the roots will grow.
Only about 5% of turf grass nutrition is derived from the soil; the other 95% is taken in through the blades as carbon, hydrogen, oxygen. Grass blades exist to convert energy from sunlight into sugars, starches and plant fibers that the grass plant then uses for growth. The food manufactured in the blades of the grass is used for both the top growth and the root growth. When you mow you reduce the ability of the grass plant to manu...

Read Full Post »

Grass Clippings

Posted by B & B Maintenance on April 14, 2009 at 5:47 PM

Within 12-24 hours after mowing, grass clippings will have lost nearly 80% of their weight and almost as much of their physical size. The water contained in the grass clippings quickly evaporates, which allows the clippings to drop to the soil level, where the microbial action of breaking them down begins.

ABCs of Lawn and Turf Benefits

Posted by B & B Maintenance on April 9, 2009 at 11:02 PM

ABCs of Lawn and Turf Benefits
Healthy turf means healthy lives

Frequently, those little green factories at our feet are taken for granted. It’s easy to overlook the many reasons why a healthy lawn or a dense athletic turf is an essential part of our lives. This primer from the Professional Landcare Network (PLANET) explains why the benefits of turf are as simple as A, B, C.

Aesthetically pleasing — The value of turfed areas have been recogniz...

Read Full Post »

Green Lawns and Gardens Tips

Posted by B & B Maintenance on April 5, 2009 at 10:12 PM

Non-Toxic Weed Control

A garden of shrubs and perennials
No pesticides are used to maintain this
garden of shrubs and perennials.

Herbicides, whether applied by themselves or in the form of weed and feed products that combine fertilizer an...

Read Full Post »